SUCCESSFUL MEN MEDITATE
These guys are world class performers. The best of the best.
What do they have in common?
They all meditate.
And I’m sure they have a lot more strains on their time than any of us.
Tim Ferriss has interviewed hundreds of the top level performers and found that meditation was the number one thing that they had in common.
90 percent of them practiced in in some form every day.
And I’ll vouch that after doing it for 3 years myself, I still feel like I’m only scratching the surface of what it could offer, but I also notice it’s impact on every aspect of my life.
Concentration, sleep, emotions, clarity. The list goes on. It’s a meta-skill. A skill that improves all other skills.
If you don’t know these names, they are some of the people I regard highest and look up to most.
– Tony Robbins: performance coach to high performers.
– Lebron James: top 3 best basketballers of all time, and still a good role model and father at the same time.
– Tim Ferriss: 5x best selling author, interviewer of high perfomers in one of the most successful podcasts out there.
– Jerry Seinfeld: creator of seinfeld, stickler for good habits, almost $1B net worth.
– Ray Dalio: Billionaire and author or best selling book Principles.
– Joe Rogan: one of the most influential people in the world at the moment, jack of all trades.
– Hugh Jackman: wolverine. Neeed I say more? Genuinely all-round good guy.
If these guys can and do do it every day, what makes us think that we wouldn’t need to? Drop the idea that it’s not for you. It’s probably just hard and you don’t want to. You’d benefit from it. You just need to find the type of practice that works for you.
It’s sharpening the axe that is our mind.
And the quality of our mind determines the quality of our life.
So let me know in the comments, do you meditate? If yes, what benefits have you noticed? If no, why not?